15 days....

I have done this for 15 days.    I have been faithful to what I wanted to accomplish.   I have grocery shopped.   I have disappointed children.   Totally awesome.

What?   You have disappointed children?   Yes - I wont go where they want to go.   The youngest has discovered Castle.   We had the first 2 seasons here, and after he blew through those, asked if I would get him Season 3.   I called all over town.   I looked on Craigslist.    I looked it up at our Library.   I looked up to see if the used media store in our town was local or a franchise.... Its not.    And then I ducked and just kept my head down hoping he would forget.    He didn't.   And I had to explain.    And I had to go look at eBay to see if someone was selling it.   And while it was in my cart, and my oldest son had to be taken to Stillwater, Season 3 magically appeared in my home.   

There may be a new rule that is unknown to me.   Its gist seems to be "ask dad and don't tell mom."  At first, I wanted my Hubs on board.   And he is.   When he is with me and he supports what I do.   But this isn't his thing.   Its not my kids' thing.   It is not fair to them for me to make sweeping declarations on how we are going to do things and not include them or honestly, do it anyway.   Therefore, this new rule will alleviate some of the discord that my year long goal has created.

And yesterday I pulled off the band of a fave pair of panties as I pulled them up.   Too graphic?   Tough.   I just about died.   These were bought at Dillard's.   And I love them.   And I am on a massive hunt to find them locally from a small business or an internet small business.   And I have a son that is topping 6' and has 1 pair of athletic pants that fit and 1 that he pulls down so they aren't high waters.   This is my current panic.   Of sourcing, finding Made in America, finding a "bargain".  

I read that if everyone bought their underwear from a Made in America company, 130,000 jobs would be created over night.   That really is an amazing number.    And I bet it would bring the cost down.   Because, let me tell you, the REAL cost of underwear is not what you pay at Walmart.    But that is for another post... The REAL cost of things you buy.   But its a downer, so I will just leave you with the mental image of what I explained above....   Later, yall.

Comments

  1. I think your journey is great and definitely worth the pain along the way. Sounds like it might also be a good time to remind the kids, and possibly yourself, the valuable difference between principles and rules. The latter just binds you, often mindlessly, but the former will free you. Personally, I think you're doing great! Even if I don't share to the same degree your commitment to buying local, it'd be a near impossibility overstate the benefit of committing to a very difficult task and seeing it through to completion.

    Keep up the blogging...it's already a fun and worthwhile journey from my side of the screen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment