Exceptions to the Rules?

Do I have any exceptions?   I have tried hard not to, but I do have 2....

1 - I can buy from the Dollar General in my local tiny town.   It needs my tax dollars big time.   No other Dollar Generals, but only the one in Luther.

2 - We travel a lot for baseball.   There are times when I need to run and get something while in another state or another town 100's of miles away.   I am not sure I will have time to locally source something I need.    I will try to find a Braums or an Oklahoma company, but I may not be able to and then I will do what is expedient.    I just will.   But if I plan well enough, there should be nothing I need save ice ;)   And that can be from any local gas station.

I do not want to create too many exemptions.   I want this to be hard.   I want to have to think ahead and plan accordingly.   I want to be able to begin convos with my kids regarding what we buy, where and why.  

But as I learned through 7, there is a learning curve, and then it just becomes the way it is.   I ate 7 foods.   I just took them with me and I ate a lot of apples with raw almond butter.   It wasn't hard - it was what it was.   I imagine this the same way.   I pray it is the same way.   I pray in March, I am not still struggling to find a groove.   I pray I am not counting down weeks next November.   I want this to become my life.

I will go into Target again.   I will.   But I do not want it to be my default.   I want it to be my last resort.   I want Starbucks to be my third choice after I was running late and didn't get coffee made and my local is closed until 1:00 on Sunday.   

Comments