January is Over... Bring on February

I see quite a few memes talking about how we made it through the year of January.   January did not feel long to me.   It has felt like an opportunity to get myself worked out in some areas.   It has felt like a warm blanket, hunkering down at home.

Operation Kicking FB to the Curb is going swimmingly after an initial rough patch.   Do not gloss over articles which talk about how Social Media is designed to give you dopamine hits to keep you coming back.   They are not joking.   And bless the last child's heart, his Social Media will be curtailed as much as I am able to do so.   Our children are literally a science experiment regarding technology and what it does to developing brains.   The TV's we were raised with are nothing compared to what our kids deal with today.

I do not feel as "itchy" as I did at the beginning of the year.   It took awhile to feel comfortable in my own skin sometimes.   Creepy.   I also have found I think better, clearer, longer, than I did starting this year.    FOMO is still a lingering symptom.  I have had my first "I had no idea" because it was shared on FB and I wasnt there to witness. 

January was excellent in terms of time spent reading.   I blew through 8 books entirely with another 3 or 4 to be finished soon.   (I have multiples going at the same time.)

I am perfect regarding reading my Bible and making my bed.   As far as going outside for 15 minutes a day....its been cold.   I am not sorry.   My house is more picked up, cleaned out, organized because of all the time I have found I have in a day.   Shocking.   Shameful.

I think I am happier.  I am more curious.   I am more interested.  I cannot recommend kicking FB to the curb enough.   It may be a new normal for me after 2019, kind of like giving up soda for Lent in 2007, and seeing how long I could go.   As of February 2019, still nada.

Consider a FB fast during upcoming Lent.   If it goes well, consider a more permanent arrangement.  Ourselves, our families, our Country could probably do with a little less FB and a little more face time.

Off to reading.   Happy February, my people.   I adore you.

Comments